The share of Belgian export of agro-food produce that goes to the neighbouring countries of France, the Netherlands and Germany is 55%. The entire EU-27 represents in 2020 75% of Belgian export. The remaining 25% is destined for third countries. The United Kingdom, the United States of America and China are the top three export destinations outside the European Union.
That is the total export value of Belgian agri-food and ornamental plant products. The most popular Belgian products abroad are dairy produce, potatoes, fruit & vegetables; beef & pork and horticultural products.
The land surface of Belgium consists of 44% agricultural land. 7.2% of the Belgian agricultural area is organic.
Belgium offers a wide range of fresh produce if you wish to buy top quality. The favourable climate, fertile soil, the craftsmanship of the growers and ultramodern systems for production, sale and quality control undoubtedly have something to do with this. Add the suppliers’ personal service and its central location, easy to access, and it’s clear why Belgian fresh produce is loved the world over.
On Freshfrombelgium.com, VLAM, Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board, wants to put Belgian suppliers of fresh produce in touch with foreign importers. To this end we above all use a product-oriented approach, using a whole range of specialised product websites that fall under the umbrella of freshfrombelgium.com, such as for example belgianmeat.com, belgianplants.com, belgianfruitsandvegetables.com, belgianpotatoes.com, belgianpoultry.com and belgiandairy.com.About Fresh from Belgium